Google Groups
Subscribe to The Culinary Creative
Email:
Visit this group

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Zesty Black Bean Salsa Moosh


Poor black beans...they are tasty and nutritious and good for you but yet so very VERY unpretty when mashed.  I know the moosh is not attractive, but if you could taste it through the screen, you would be as crazy about it as I am.

I used it to garnish a simple chicken fajita, but it works well as a dip, too, with some crispy tortilla chips, or as a flavorful layer for a layered dip.  The beans make give the moosh a creamy texture, but the added combo of the fresh lime juice and salsa give it a light open taste.

Zesty Black Bean Salsa Moosh

1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup hot salsa
1/8 cup fresh lime juice
2 tsp minced garlic

Rinse your beans and put then in a small bowl.


Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend together.  I like mine a little "chunky" so I used a mixer rather than a food processor.


Ready to serve.


For my fajita, I cut simply cut some chicken strips and sautee them with a tidge of oil, threw on some chili powder, cumin and fresh cracked sea salt, then cooked until they were no longer pink.


Yum-mee.

0 comments: