Google Groups
Subscribe to The Culinary Creative
Email:
Visit this group

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Night Sorries


As you may have guessed from this post's title, I've got nothing to bring you tonight except for the promise of good things to come.  Been out of town with back-top-back trips to Virginia Beach and Charleston, after which I drove back straight to Chapel Hill this afternoon for a Thanksgiving cooking class at The Southern Season and am finally home again, home again, jiggety-jig.

Saturday special at Fast and French -- white bean chicken chili, fresh melon, french bread with brie and a glass of house wine

The weekend in Charleston was nothing if not culinarily inspiring.  My friends and I ate at some great places -- Poogan's Porch, Virginia's on King, the open air Farmer's Market, and Gaulart & Maliclet (aka "Fast and French," my new favorite eatery in Charleston).  My head is full of ideas for new things to try to make like She-Crab Soup, White Bean Chicken Chili, and Red Velvet Cookies, to name a few.  Will be working out some fun recipes to share next time, but until then, my apologies for a recipe-free, didyaknow-free posting.

Have a restful evening and will be back on track on Wednesday.

Bon soir,
k2

0 comments: