Google Groups
Subscribe to The Culinary Creative
Email:
Visit this group

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Check It Out: McCormick's Cocoa Chile Blend


Okay, had to share this with you.  Was cruising through the spice isle at the grocery store over the holidays looking to supplement my holiday spice stock and this caught my eye.  McCormick's Cocoa Chile Blend.  Wow!

It's a fun little blend to have on hand.  I've mixed it in with my coffee grounds before brewing up a wee pot of weekend coffee, gives it a nice little back-of-the-mouth kick.  It's also great in hot chocolate.  Just like the Mayans, baby!  A teaspoon or two would also make a zesty addition to a pot of chili, a pan of brownies, or add a little flavor kick to your favorite chocolate cake and/or icing.

I think it was about $4-5 for the bottle (holiday spending is a bit of a blur at this point), but it is definitely worth the price and a cool addition to the spice cabinet.  Giving it an enthusiastic two thumbs up!  Give it a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful blend of spices. I use it in rubs for ribs and also in custard style desserts! I have found it very hard to find lately and this makes me sad :(.

TCC said...

Don't know what part of the country you are in, but I found mine on the shelf at Harris Teeter. Had never noticed it before that trip to the store (and I'm usually pretty thorough when I spice window shop). Maybe it's making a comeback with all the Mayan fervor!