Google Groups
Subscribe to The Culinary Creative
Email:
Visit this group

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Check It Out: OXO Angled Measuring Cups


Want to tell you about some kitchen toys that I have and really like.  They were a gift from the GP Parentals to help make life in the kitchen a little easier (and food production for sampling faster too, I'm sure).

Never fully appreciated how really super useful they were until my friend Meredith was visiting.  As she was standing in the kitchen one morning, with one hand busy holding a baby and the other measuring out milk for pancake batter (because apparently I was off with my bonbons and French novel instead of helping), I heard her say, "this is great."  And I looked over to see her using one of my angled measuring cups.

And they are great.  No more bending over to make sure you hit the right measurement as you're trying not to pour your liquid all over the counter or your head.  You simply look down into the cup.  Simple.  Easy.  Thank you Mom and Dad.


They're made by OXO, have the nice grippy handles, and come in at least 4 sizes that I know of -- 4 cup, 2 cup, 1 cup and 4 tbsp (1/4 cup).  You can find them pretty much anywhere they sell measuring cups and cost between $4-10 depending on the size.


It's a good investment and if you're like me, you really can't have too many measuring cups.

1 comments:

Meredith said...

Yes, they are great! And in this particular instance I think you were trying to keep the other invading alien (oops I mean my sweet daughter) from destroying something somewhere else in the house while I was measuring out the milk.