Google Groups
Subscribe to The Culinary Creative
Email:
Visit this group

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

White Peach Lassi


So when you start whipping up the seriously hot stuff, here's a nice cool beverage to help tone down the flames.

Now most Thai and Indian restaurants will have a mango lassi on the menu, but I wanted to try something different and since the Asian market near me had some nice white peaches for sale, I decided to give those a whirl (literally, because I put them in a blender). :)


White Peach Lassi

2 cups plain yogurt
2 cups milk
3 cups fresh peach, chopped (4 medium peaches)
1 tbsp honey

Put yogurt, milk, peaches, and honey in a blender or food processor.

Blend the ingredients until frothy, about 15-20 seconds.

Serve chilled or over ice.

NOTES

I don't like ice in my lassi so I whipped up a batch and then let it sit in the fridge for at least 1/2 hour before serving.  

You can use regular yellow peaches in this or go traditional and try mangoes instead. 

0 comments: