Google Groups
Subscribe to The Culinary Creative
Email:
Visit this group

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Why I Love Charleston

 
Last weekend I headed back down to my home away from home, Charleston, SC.  If you've never been there before, I HIGHLY recommend it.  It's truly the best of the South, a nice laid-back coastal town chocked full of history, fabulous food, great shopping, beachy goodness and some of the nicest people you'll find around.  Even though it's a touristy town, it doesn't feel like one.

My good friend and fellow haiku master, Jennifer N, moved down there three years ago and after my second trip down (the first involved a 4 AM trip to the ER for yours truly, memorable, but not in a way I recommend) I have been making regular pilgrimages to go visit.

While Ms N is one of my favorite human beings, she is not known in our circle for her kitchen skills because (bless her heart) they are non-existent, but on the upside a visit to the JN Bed and No Breakfast means you get to go out and try new eateries all the time and that ends up being beneficial for you all.

After this last trip I came back brimming over with so many new recipe ideas and Check It Outs to share that I have decided to start a new feature called "Why I Love Charleston" (or WILC for short).  Even if you never get to go yourself, I plan to bring a little of Charleston home to you.  So for the next couple of posts, and random other times, I hope you'll bear with me as I experiment my way through some new goodies.  I'm hoping this will be fun for everyone involved!

empty the fridge stands
quest for new and edible
Charleston treats await

0 comments: