Google Groups
Subscribe to The Culinary Creative
Email:
Visit this group

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Cakes of a different breed...

I am the first to admit it... Cakes are not my biggest strength... don't get me wrong, I can hang with the walmart cake decorators, but thankfully I work alongside Kathy, who does have the cake strength... The following are just a couple cakes that I've done.

This is the cake that I did for Em's completion of her thesis for grad school. It's fun... and please note, the decorating was done completely with plastic bags... for some reason, there were no tips at the house!! Now, now, cakewrecks... nobody had to pay for it!!



This was a cake I did for Jessica's birthday. It was a simple two layer yellow cake, seperated by, and frosted with a citrus buttercream...


This is one of my favorite cakes to make... Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. Three types of mousse, a brownie bottom layer, and fully covered with ganache. It happens to be quite lovely when cut...


That's all I have... there are more, but they are far less pretty to look at, so they are staying in the vault!! :)

Food pictures are fun!!

-Wendi-

2 comments:

EAB said...

I LOVED my thesis cake. It was PERFECT in design, and scrumptious to boot.

I have a picture of your 30th birthday cake turtle. Should I post it?

TCC said...

Please post the turtle cake... one of Kathy's awesome creations!!