Google Groups
Subscribe to The Culinary Creative
Email:
Visit this group

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Forget Alaska, lets go to the beach

So, I'm the first to admit... I'm not really into politics, it's not my life, and I certainly wouldn't have a birthday party focused around anything political... call me crazy. My friend Michele, however, is truly into politics, and because of this, the people at work decided it would be great to throw her a "make fun of Sarah Palin" surprise party. The idea was to have food and decor that would go along with Alaska, and many things Palin. When mooseburgers were suggested, I stepped in and offered to bring a chocolate mousse torte... I think that satisfied the need for moose. Below are pictures of the cake.






Yes, the moose IS wearing a fondant party hat



Top Angle




Cake shown with a slice cut out... showing the layers.




A single slice of cake... bittersweet chocolate torte, dark chocolate mousse layer, milk chocolate mousse layer, and a white chocolate mousse layer, all covered by a semi sweet chocolate ganache.


Did I mention it was chocolate?
-Wendi-

3 comments:

Libbi sr said...

So... I'll be expecting something like this in Dec. when you are home (you can leave the moose and the party hat behind though)

Nice!

TCC said...

Was there any chocolate on that?

EAB said...

oh my goodness. this photo makes my mouth WATER. YUMMMMMMMMMMMM.