Google Groups
Subscribe to The Culinary Creative
Email:
Visit this group

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Spicy Sausage-Cheese Muffins


I wanted muffins today.  But not just any muffins, I wanted to make my friend Jennifer's famous Spicy Sausage-Cheese Muffins.  These muffins are famous among our group not only for their magically delicious taste, cheddar cheezy goodness, and spicy sausage muffiness, but also because, well...Jennifer doesn't cook (her kitchen is just a pretty place to store the fridge).

This is her one and only recipe, but let me tell you, if you're only going to have one recipe, this is the one to have.  Jennifer very generously agreed to let me share it with you and so now, here, in her own words...

Jennifer's Famous Spicy Sausage-Cheese Muffins

1 pound sausage (I use Neese's "hot" sausage, cause it's yummy!)
3 cups baking mix (I use Jiffy, cause that's what grandma uses)
1 and 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 can of cheddar cheese soup
3/4 cup water

Cook and drain grease from sausage, let cool.


Combine sausage, baking mix and grated cheddar cheese in large mixing bowl.


Mix cheddar cheese soup with water, and then add to the dry mixture.


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Lightly grease muffin pan, and fill muffin cups to the top with the delicious sausage-cheese goodness.


Bake for 20-25 minutes.  Let cool, and bring to office for greedy, I mean grateful, co-workers.

NOTES

Recipe made 19 muffins (or 1-1/2 dozen + a taste tester).

Spicy sausage is recommended but for those who aren't keen on spicy, you can use your favorite non-spicy sausage too.

In order to get the sausage small enough to mix in, I used a pastry cutter to chop the pieces smaller after it was cooked.

I used Jiffy mix, but you can use Bisquik too if that's what you have one hand.

2 comments:

vidcite said...

oh my goodness. these look awesome. and they already are named after a Jennifer...so if I start making them...can I just claim the recipe as my own?????

TCC said...

My answer is yes! I started claiming them as my own, but since my name wasn't Jennifer, people just weren't buying it, in the end it didn't matter because their bellies were happy and that's all that matters! :)