Google Groups
Subscribe to The Culinary Creative
Email:
Visit this group

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Check It Out: The Truck Food Cookbook


Good Morning! I know, an early post, how crazy is that? But I've got a good reason for it.

Alright, gang, got another new cookbook for you to check out.  You know I only bring you the fabulous, fun and unusual, and this one fits the bill to a T! The Truck Food Cookbook: 150 Recipes and Ramblings from America's Best Restaurants on Wheels by John T. Edge (Workman Publishing, 2012) is SUPER cool. Not only do you get really exciting recipes it includes informational tidbits about food truck culture from around the country. And you know how I love my didyaknows.

The recipes are listed by food types. Chapters include Fries & Pies, Waffles & Their Kin, Tacopalooza, and Rolling in Sweets, to name a few. And the recipes themselves? drool Those include wheeled treats like Crawfish Pie with Creole Cream Cheese, Waffle Breakfast Tacos, Chicken Peanut Stew, Fried Green Tomato Salad, Grilled Mac and Cheese Sandwiches, Psychedelic Relish for your dogs, Cardamon-spiced Donuts, and Wasabi Peanut Dust and Olive Oil & Sea Salt ice cream toppings. Hungry yet?

But wait, there's more! Tucked in between the recipes are write-ups about featured cities and their street food scene. VERY proud to share that Durham, NC made the short list and two of our own local favorites, Only Burger and DaisyCakes, have recipes featured in the book as well.


It's just a fun book and I can't wait to try out some of the recipes. Look for Chickpea Fries coming soon to a blog near you.

So the reason I wanted to catch you early is because the author, John T. Edge, will be at The Regulator Bookstore (720 Ninth Street) in Durham, NC this evening, W June 20, at 7:00 pm to talk about his book. Fullstream Brewery and Only Burger will be on-hand with food and bev for purchase. For all my area readers, you should go and check it out if you can. I don't know if I'll be able to make it out so if you do go, please send me a message and let me know what you thought, would love to hear from you.

More information about the book -- Workman Publishing, NY, May 2012, paperback, ISBN 978-0-7611-5616-1, 294 pages, $18.85

0 comments: