Google Groups
Subscribe to The Culinary Creative
Email:
Visit this group

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Check It Out: Classic Snacks Made From Scratch

 
New cookbook! New cookbook! New cookbook!

Hey TCCers, have a new cookbook that I think you might like.  If you, like me, look back on your childhood through a fond sugar-glazed haze of snack food memories, you are going to want to get this for your kitchen collection.

It's got EVERYTHING!!!!  The sections cover all the basic snack food groups -- Cookies (Nutter Butters!), Cakey Treats (Devil Dogs!), Cheesy Snacks (Nacho Cheese Doritos!), Salty Snacks (Funyuns!), Ice Cream Treats (Strawberry Shortcake Bars!), and Sweets and Candies (Peeps! yeah, I said Peeps!).

The only thing I wish the book had was more photos.  You will be on your own trying out the recipes because (unlike TCC) there are no step-by-step photos. But what there is, is a way to preserve the classic Hostess goodies like Twinies and Chocolate Cupcakes in your kitchen and hearts forever.

Yes, I am more than a little excited to be able to add this to my culinary library.  The hardest thing now is deciding what I'm going to make for you this weekend...decisions, decisions...

An enthusiastic two thumbs up.

Classic Snacks Made From Scratch by Casey Barber
January 2013, Ulysses Press, 192 pp, $17.95
ISBN 978-1-61243-121-5


0 comments: