Google Groups
Subscribe to The Culinary Creative
Email:
Visit this group

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Check It Out: gopicnic

 
So my friend Ducky and I are on our annual pilgrimage to the mecca of all things geeky and wonderful -- Dragon*Con in ATL.  What this means is that I am nowhere near my kitchen this weekend, but I have something cool for you guys to check out.

gopicnic

In preparation for our adventures, we splurged on a Groupon for some gopicnic boxes because we wanted to (1) save our money for important things like tee shirts and comic books, not stoopid stuff like food and (2) not waste a lot of time doing silly things like eating when we could be marveling at cool costumes and meeting new gnerks. geek + nerd = awesome new word

gopicnic boxes are super cool for travelling because you don't need refrigeration or heat to eat them.  They offer a variety of boxes that include gluten-free, vegan, kosher, and all-natural options, with calorie counts between 300-480 per box.  The prices range from $4.99-5.99 each.

We've had a couple and found them just filling enough to give you the energy perk you need to get going around a con.  I would not recommend living off them, but for lunches or small travel meals, I give them an enthusiastic two thumbs up.

Mini picnic in a box, check it out.

0 comments: