Google Groups
Subscribe to The Culinary Creative
Email:
Visit this group

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Apple Cider Slushy

 
Ai-ai-ai, can't believe I survived October!  So I have been wanting to do this write-up since I went to the NC State Fair this year.

Every year I always make a stop in the apple area...yes, I am doing another apple post (I LUV APPLES!)...and yes, the NC State Fair has an area dedicated to apples.  Usually I grab a cup of hot apple cider, but this year, I branched out and tried a "Freezie." Basically, an apple cider slushy and it was super delish!  I've been wanting to try it at home and finally got a chance to purchase my own ice cream maker.  So for your viewing/my tasting pleasure, I made a batch of apple cider slushy.  Big smiley face.

Apple Cider Slushy

With Ice Cream Maker -- following the machine's instructions, pour 2 cups of cold apple cider into the freezing component and spin for 30 minutes.  Scoop and serve.

Sans Ice Cream Maker -- place a 9x13" metal cake pan in your freezer and let chill for 10-15 minutes, pour 2 cups cold apple cider into the chilled pan and let sit.  Check and stir every 20 minutes until frozen through.  Scoop and serve.


0 comments: