Google Groups
Subscribe to The Culinary Creative
Email:
Visit this group

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Special Dark Raspberry Rolls

 
Okay, making the break from apples.  It's almost Halloween and chocolate is the order of the day so to that end, here is a little bit of yumminess that I came up with. 

Now after seeing these, I'm sure you're thinking, K2, didn't we just see a roll-up treat?  Yes...yes, you did.  But I have a crescent roll addiction that must be fed.  I can't help it, they're delicious and go well with so many other tasty things which is why when the Parentals came back from their trip to Hershey, PA, burdened with glorious chocolate, I had to roll out the Pillsbury standby and do something fun with my part of the chocolate booty.

Trust me, when you stop shoveling these in your mouth, you'll thank me. Or a chocolate-covered thumbs up will suffice.

Special Dark Raspberry Rolls
make 1 dozen

1 (8 ct.) pkg. of Pillsbury crescent rolls
2 tbsp. seedless raspberry jam
1/3 to 1/2 cup Special Dark chocolate chips
4 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. cocoa powder

In a small dish, blend together the sugar and cocoa powder.

Pop open your Pillsbury and spread the dough out.  Press together the lengthwise seam between the crescents, then cut each of the four new dough pieces into thirds the short way.

I only worked on one half of the dough at a time
and yes, I used my fish cutting mat 'cuz that's how I roll

Spread raspberry jam on each of the pieces.


Sprinkle with Special Dark chips.


Roll them up and then roll them in the cocoa sugar.

 
Place on a prepared cookie sheet.


Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes, or until nicely browned and not squoogey inside.


Allow to cool for a minute or two before consuming, because that chocolate is going to be HOT!

In case you were wondering, they go great with a big bowl of French vanilla ice cream.


0 comments: