Google Groups
Subscribe to The Culinary Creative
Email:
Visit this group

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Check It Out: The Vortex (ATL)


Hello!  No, I have not fallen off the face of the earth, was just peeking over the edge for a bit.

These past couple of weeks have been Crazy!  The weekend before Labor Day, I was helping my favorite food samplers celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary.  (Yay, Mom & Dad!)  Because they did not want me to be any crazier than usual, I did not do all the catering, just their cake and my famous super secret recipe meatballs...that will probably show up in a post soon because seriously they are too good not to share. So ha-ha tease with that.

Then Labor Day weekend I was off on my annual trek to Hotlanta for Dragon*Con. (wooHoo!)  It was a weekend filled with fun stuff to see and do, made some awesome new friends and checked out a new eatery or two, which brings us to tonight's post.

The Vortex has two locations in/near downtown, but we went to Little 5 Points because to enter the restaurant there, you have to walk through a giant open-mouthed skull (and who wouldn't want to do that).


Not only is the vibe cool but there's lots to look at, the place is usually hoppin' and the food is to die for...almost literally.  Gonna apologize to all the vegetarians and non-red meaters who read this blog, but this is definitely a write-up for my meat-n-potatoes crowd.  The Vortex is famous for their crazy combo burgers and they have LOTS!


You like bacon?  You can get it on practically everything.  You a fan of the tots?  Then don't not order the ginormous bowl of tater tots, complete with cheesy dipping sauce.


If these photos don't convince you, then check out their menu, its a good read and good fun.

After a long weekend of mind-melting entertainment and activities, The Vortex was the perfect cap to a perfect trip. So when you're in Atlanta next, my meat-eating friends, make sure to check it out.

0 comments: