Google Groups
Subscribe to The Culinary Creative
Email:
Visit this group

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Saucy Jezebel

 
Thanks to my friend Laura, I have a new church cookbook. If you don't have one in your kitchen collection, you should rectify that. They are a great source of tried and true recipes, family hand-me-downs and family favorites.

I turned my book over to the parents for their review and selections, so tonight I am brining you the first of Dad's many choices. This is a great quick fix for a party or snack before dinner for guests.

JEZEBEL

1 (12 oz.) jar apple jelly
1 (12 oz.) jar pineapple preserves
7 tbsp. horseradish
1-1/2 tbsp. dried mustard

Blend everything together and serve up on crackers with a nice spreadable white cheese.

I used Brie on Water crackers, but you can use cream cheese on Ritz, or a Neufchâtel on whatever cracker you want.

FYI, the longer you let the spread sit, the better the flavors will blend together.


0 comments: