Google Groups
Subscribe to The Culinary Creative
Email:
Visit this group

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Fun with Peeps: Bedtime Bunnies


It's Easter, so I figured as long as everyone's going to be hopped on sugar anyway, I'd do some 'sperimenting and come up with something fun.  I was inspired by a treat I'd seen on GoodiesforGifts.com -- s'mores made with Peeps and milk chocolate.

Unfortunatley, my trials in the kitchen were not successful on the s'more front, but with some tweaking, I came up with these instead.  While I am calling them "Bedtime Bunnies" I would definitely not suggest having these before you go to sleep tonight. 

Bedtime Bunnies

Peep Bunnies
Graham crackers
White dipping chocolate
Sprinkles

Break your graham crackers into four parts.

Cut bunnies in half lenthwise so you get a full front and a full back.


Lay them out with the sticky side down on the crackers (it will help keep them in place).


Dip the bottom half of the bunny graham to make a little blanket for it.


Sprinkle with spinkles and lay on a sheet of wax paper on a cookie sheet.


Once you have tucked in all the bunnies, put the cookie sheet in the fridge or freezer to help harden the chocolate.

When the chocolate is firm, carefully remove bunnies from the wax paper and enjoy the sugar rush!

If the kiddos want to know why half the bunnies don't have faces, just tell them that some bunnies like to sleep on their fluffy bellies. :)

0 comments: