Google Groups
Subscribe to The Culinary Creative
Email:
Visit this group

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Sugar Snap Peas with Lemon and Basil


Was over at the parentals (aka "Rents") for dinner on Sunday and my mom showed me a yummy-looking recipe for sugar snap peas.  In a matter of cosmic coincidence, I had just bought some sugar snap peas at the Farmer's Market on Saturday and was wondering what to do with them.  Wondered no more.

The lemon brings a nice freshness to the peas and the basil is not an addition I would have thought of, but loving everything basil, I was most pleased with the dish...and ate them all myself...in one sitting.

Sugar Snap Peas with Lemon and Basil

1 tsp olive oil
1/2 lb (8 oz) sugar snap peas, fresh
1/4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp lemon rind, grated
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp salt
dash of fresh lemon juice
lemon wedges, for squeezin' garnish


In a medium size skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.  Add in fresh snap peas and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until crispy tender.

Add in chopped basil, lemon rind, salt and pepper.  Mix well and add in a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.  Cook for an additional minute or so and then remove from heat.


Serve with lemon wedges on the side.  Mmmm, refreshing and delicious.

Makes 2 servings...or one if you are piggy like me.

0 comments: